View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,035 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Feb 19, 2024 at 04:43 PM

You KNOW I can relate, Will. Like you, no real family or friends and not even the neighbors are neighborly. I’m afraid I’m growing old in this apartment with nobody to even check on me. I asked a neighbor to do so and that was in July of last year. Not one call. I live alone and need to see my doctor about pain I’m having. And having to wait so long for an appointment.

I hope it doesn’t progress before then. It’s great some older people are having such fun, more power to them. But I don’t want them to patronize me and tell me to join clubs and get out and stay active. I’m doing the best I can yet nothing brings me any value. Been there, done that. I’m not the stereotypical senior with a pension, house, vacations, family, grandchildren and friends. REAL friends. I’m not old “enough” for most senior stuff and don’t feel my chronological age, most of the time. A senior center? I feel I don’t belong not just cause I don’t feel my age but I can’t relate to the people there. This stuff about family and trips and dinners out or whatnot is such a foreign concept now. I wonder if my life will continue this way in spite of my best effort to make it better.

So I’m running on empty, as it’s always me reaching out and making an effort with no reciprocation at all. I see a lot of posts from people about this here and other sites. It’s more common than I thought but still soul crushing.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Travelinglady, will19

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady, will19