View Single Post
mikrw33

Member Since Jan 2013
3 hugs
given
Default Feb 20, 2024 at 12:02 AM

Hi there. I hope you're doing well by now.

I used to take Seroquel (instant-release) for sleep. It took 100 mg to put me to sleep (along with 200 mg trazodone and 1 mg Xanax). I get away now with just Lunesta at 3 mg, thankfully. One thing about Seroquel was that it made me gain weight. Not as much as some other psych meds, but it can do that. That's probably the least of your concerns right now, though.

Olanzapine (brand name Zyprexa) can help you sleep probably a little better than Seroquel if you're going for antipsychotics for sleep. However, you wouldn't want to be on that long-term because it is the second worst offender for causing diabetes (second to clozapine). Mirtazapine (brand name Remeron) is another one that was mentioned above that could help you sleep, too. It, too, can cause weight gain though.

Depending on where you live, there are some newer medicines called dual orexin antagonists (DORAs), which include Belsomra (suvorexant), Dayvigo (lemborexant), and Quviviq (daridorexant). They're probably not as potent as antipsychotics, benzos, or Z-drugs though. But they're great for sleep maintenance.

Medications:
Dyanavel XR 15 mg 30 mg/day
Lamictal 300 mg/day
Cymbalta 90 mg/day
Lunesta 3 mg/night
Dayvigo 10 mg/night
mikrw33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote