View Single Post
InkyBooky

Member Since Sep 2018
211 hugs
given
Default Feb 20, 2024 at 08:55 AM

It sounds like you're just looking for connection. That's actually very healthy. Maybe your T could send you a photo or two that you could save in your phone and look at when you want to feel connected. My T did that. He sent me a few photos of himself and also a couple of his pets. We talked a lot about how that would be helpful for me. It really lessened my need to look him up or wonder about his life or whereabouts while traveling.

Speaking of vacations, he will also send me some pics from his travels if I request them ahead of time. They are always just landscape photos or pics of the scenery- that sort of thing- but it is very healing and connecting. It helps with the longing and/or feelings of disconnection. He's also willing to share an overview of his travel plans, where he's going, etc... if I want to know, that is. Not tons of details but just an overview so I'm not left wondering. Honestly, his willingness to share some of himself and his life just feels very human and makes the therapeutic relationship feel less one-sided and weird (but still with safe and appropriate boundaries).
InkyBooky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
retro_chic, ScarletPimpernel