View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,440 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 21, 2024 at 08:31 PM

I hate to admit this because I really would like an excuse to stop taking it but the Seroquel seems to be helping stabilize my mood along with making me sleep (which is why it was prescribed). Sleepwise it's hard to fall asleep the last few nights but I could sleep forever. However yesterday I had to get up for therapy and had to do something in the afternoon so I didn't have a nap. Today I got up especially to go for a walk with my mom and dog and only had about 45 minutes of a nap and tonight I did a low impact aeobics video. So I did about 5x the steps i've been doing. And I feel just a bit better than I have been.

I hope this continues because during the time I was not exercising because of my back injury I re-gained 10 lbs and it is not coming off quickly. I am hoping the exercise does the trick or I don't know what will. And I really desperately need to lose the weight to do my best at avoiding a diabetes diagnosis in May. Plus I'm sick of being fat. Knowing I can lose weight makes me want to lose more despite the annoyance of gaining more. And I really hope the Seroquel doesn't make losing harder or worse cause gain. It's only 50 mg (may have to go to 100 if falling asleep is an issue) so I'm hopeful it won't cause me to gain. I don't remember gaining until a higher dose in the past. But that was a long time ago so my memory may be faulty.

Hopefully I can repeat tomorrow. The outside walk may be impossible because of rain. I wish I had a treadmill or something at home but I don't. I don't want to join the Y because at the moment I'd pay the fee and never go there because ti's too hard to change and drive there feeling depressed. Maybe eventually.

Last edited by BeyondtheRainbow; Feb 21, 2024 at 08:49 PM..

Hugs from:
JaneOnceMore, raspberrytorte