Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Sep 2010
22.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2024 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
I don’t even have a husband and my so-called sibling threw me under the bus regarding the Trust from our parents. And hasn’t spoken to me in years and had his a$$hole lawyer write me threatening letters. I had to get my own lawyer and spend thousands on legal fees. So much for family.

If I recall correctly you also have two sons. I’m not implying everything is rosy but there’s people without half of what you have.

Good points to raise. Not everyone comes from a loving family.

And these days I’m not finding anything funny or humorous about growing older. My building has such a high turnover and I even have trouble with cigarette smoking like you do, along with the unfriendly people.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone

Yes, I am blessed in many ways. My sis could move in with me, but my house is small. I think she prefers an assisted living place near me. Her health is not good, alas.

My sons don't pay much attention to my husband and me. We see them a few times each year.

I know some people basically have nobody. My point basically was, I think, that as we get older, more and more people die. I think of really old people who have obituaries saying they only have nieces and nephews. I won't even have those, if I live long enough. Getting old is not fun, that's for sure, I am trying to get out and make friends. Most all of my friends have died, too.

I wish I could help you, owl. Is there any rule about contacting members in real life?
Travelinglady is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated