View Single Post
Violetta75

Member Since Apr 2022
215 hugs
given
Default Feb 25, 2024 at 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Geez. Tell them that they can have a life too, or they can have their weed. Thats what it means, that they cant have their cake and eat it too. You dont intend to flush your life down the toilet, or put it on hold any longer to accommodate their "need" for weed.
I have said that for years, you smoke weed and don't have money for food. I have had to be both mom and dad, especially for the younger, his father is no good. The older is capable but has made mistakes with other things and I bailed him out of it. Literally.

I think everyone here agrees it's ok for me to live how I want to, and yes, it helped my depression tremendously. If they can't understand, or be happy for me, it's ok. I've helped enough, sometimes too much. And they would be welcome to come see me. I'm trying to get the younger to understand he has to help himself, and I've suggested and tried a lot of things to get him help.. even got him therapy he could have used over the phone or by video. He needs to hit bottom and it hurts me, but I can't continue to ''rescue'' him. I was given advice about ''tough love'' but me being a mom, it's hard to do but must be done now or he'll never stand up for himself.

I feel sure now what I need to do. I need to feel better for once in my life. It's been a long time since I had hope for a better future. There will always be days when I'll feel a little down, it's not a ticket to complete happiness... nothing is. But it's amazing seeing how different I feel with more sunshine. Where I'm from winters are long and cold, and the rest, maybe 4 decent months of good weather. thanks all..
Violetta75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, Tart Cherry Jam, unaluna, Unus

Thanks for this!
unaluna