Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2020
104 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 25, 2024 at 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShadow View Post
Hey there! Looks like everybody has been getting good sleep. I have some bad news to report though. The past two nights have been really rough. For the second time in a row I've woken up at 2:30am wide awake. (I went to bed around 11pm). So that's about three hours straight sleep and then I'm wide awake. I have no idea what it means, but I know it's not good.

Last night I went to my living room and put on The Mummy and fell in and out of sleep till about 10am. That's no good at all. Tonight I just decided to stay up on the computer. I have to be up for church in a few hours, so I don't know how I am going to be.

Sigh.
It sounds like you're admonishing yourself, @LadyShadow, but please don't -- it could worsen the situation!

I wake up wide awake two or three times almost every night. Today, I was especially wide awake at 5am. I suppose I could've gotten up then to feed the ravenous cats; if we were in Daylight Savings TIme, the time would've been 6am, and it would've been a good time to get up anyway.

But I guess my favorite thing in the world to do is to lie in bed, so I alternated between box breathing and breath counting meditation and fell back to sleep before I knew it. I woke up again at about 7:15, which was as late as I can go.