Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,211 hugs
given
Default Feb 25, 2024 at 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberrytorte View Post
Damn it! I was reviewing my aftercare summary from urgent care. My blood pressure was 124/91 and it says if your blood pressure is over 120/80
I would not worry so much about this reading from the recent urgent care visit. You were probably very stressed out at the urgent care, hence an anomalous reading. If you consistently have blood pressure over 120/80, that is another story, but this one reading could easily have been an outlier. Your GP will probably tell you to get a BP monitor and keep logging daily readings until you see a pattern.

I have a tendency to low blood pressure so it is the opposite problem, but still the internist told me to get an OMRON cuff. She said not to get wrist monitors as they are not reliable. And OMRON is the best brand. So I got it. Another thing is that you have to sit QUIETLY for at least 5 minutes before you take the blood pressure. At the urgent care they probably did not wait for you to do that, or did they?

Even I occasionally have blood pressure at or a little above 120, and my typical readings are between 101-112 systolic and at times I have seen my blood pressure drop below 90. So I am clearly not hypertensive, but still infrequently the BP is above 120.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow, raspberrytorte