View Single Post
Blueowl

Member Since Jul 2022
144 hugs
given
Default Feb 26, 2024 at 06:25 AM

It was not easy for me. I filed for divorce twice. The first time, after being separated for years, I felt like a weight had been lifted. The second time, I knew it was the right thing to do but was hard. I thought I would get lonely; thus far, that has not happened. When I go home, I am at peace.

In my first marriage, I tried everything I could so I don't have regrets of having tried this or that. The second time around, I knew certain things wouldn't change and I just couldn't live with them.

I sought professional counseling and it provided different perspectives.

In my experience, the pain could not have been minimized. It was very uncomfortable at times. Both my first ex husband and my second wanted to remain friends. I was hurt pretty bad with the first one so I decided to stop having contact - he didn't reach out to me either. Nothing dramatic; we just stopped communicating. The second one, is still a friend and we still talk. No children involved, so there was a possibility of a clean break. Am not sure if you have a family - because that is another factor to consider.

There is no guarantee that you will be happier after divorce. I know some people who are in denial and remain in unhappy marriages. I knew I could take care of myself so was not stranded financially.

Lately, I've been watching videos with James Sexton, a divorce lawyer. I agree with most of what he says.

At this juncture, I am doing well alone. I do not desire to be in a relationship.
Blueowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rive.