View Single Post
RDMercer
Grand Member

Member Since May 2013
59 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 26, 2024 at 09:10 AM

"f you @stargalaxy feel it makes you shamed, then there is truth in how you feel. If you want to set boundaries for yourself, as in, if you feel that kissing, cuddling, and more that happened is making you feel worse inside I encourage you to find another therapist. I don't think you have one that is understanding enough. I haven't read the Holy Bible from front to back, but I don't see anywhere that having affection is wrong.... it is ok to want and need that, we are human. God wont be 'punishing' you for this, it is your own mind that is creating this somewhat 'hate' towards yourself. Only having intercourse before marriage is wrong in God's eyes. Even that, I believe can be forgiven. God knows we are human and have temptations. Pray about it, and trust your own feelings. But don't repress the feelings you have. Make sure you know what you want. If this person doesn't agree with your own beliefs, you might want to not continue seeing him. If you feel good, think about what you'd like to have the outcome be. Jesus came from the lineage of King David, who had many wives. I'd encourage you to see that even Kings did things that we'd wonder how it could be have been right in the eyes of God."

I grew up in a strict Christian household and community.

This is the only sin that was focused on!

If you shift your belief to that of a loving God, not a vengeful God, you will start to love yourself more too.

Truly, I feel that focusing on something this small as a means to instill guilt is wrong. The scope, depth, and pervasiveness of evil in the world, the degree of greed, pain, hatred, lust, righteousness.... It is just mind boggling..... But we believe that God can forgive all, and that anyone has a path to salvation.

Well...... Then cut yourself some slack girl!!!

You're a healthy young person and you experienced physical attraction to someone and acted on it some! That's not a big deal!

RDMercer
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Tart Cherry Jam

Thanks for this!
Tart Cherry Jam