View Single Post
Thomas73

Member Since Feb 2024
Default Feb 26, 2024 at 07:49 PM

Hello Insideouttsider,
Glad you're doing ok.

I find the social side of life challenging to say the least. Been quite some years since I entertained having friends. Always feel like a field mouse, camouflaged in an open field full of cats and hawks.

Mostly I've relied on partners for my social. That hasn't worked out well I'm afraid.

I find your take on the constructs of society intriguing as I'm very much in the same boat. I have a lot of ideas as to why. Doesn't mean either of us are wrong, just...different.

Do you suffer from a lack of empathy? I find without it I'm always viewing things exclusively from my perspective. Sounds crazy to me but apparently people think of others in their calculations and viewpoints.
I don't really have any values that don't stem from my viewpoint. I suppose I've embraced what I am.

Better than what I was, which was undiagnosed ASPD. At least now I have added perspective. Helps with introspection.

Happy to share anything that you might, or be a sounding board. Might help to get it from someone that's lived with this for years with such an advanced capacity, as I have.
Only thing I haven't done on the Hare list is get busted for criminal activity, so at least I got that bit right.
I think that stems from my behavioral code. I know I am neither moral, nor ethical. I make decisions based upon power, risk and inclination. Tangling with the law, although it did happen when I was younger, always presented to me as a risk not worth taking.
Wouldn't enjoy spending my time behind bars, so I've tried to dodge that bullet.

Anyway, let me know. Happy to talk.
Thomas73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote