LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
9,079 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Frown Feb 26, 2024 at 07:58 PM

Hey everyone,

I don't know who has been following the news, but I am feeling overwhelming fear about living alone due to the fact that young jogger was murdered recently.

I don't jog in the neighborhood, but I do travel back and forth to the big city in my state a lot, sometimes early in the morning or late at night.

I am feeling scared. I never thought I would miss my husband so much as I do now. I called the local police department, and they told me I am allowed to carry a small taser or pepper spray. I should also invest in a ring doorbell even though no one really comes over, but still. The officer gave me great advice.

I just ask any lady out there, if you live alone, please be careful. I am originally from NYC and grew up there in the 80s when it was the worst of the worst, and believe it or not, I never felt unsafe until now.

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, FloatThruThis, mote.of.soul, Nammu, Tart Cherry Jam, TishaBuv, unaluna