View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,274 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 28, 2024 at 10:49 AM

I did full meal planning for the week on Sunday, and trying to stick to the plan, because weight loss for me has always been tied to managing my diet/nutrition. The scale is actually responding too, although I know it's just a little bit of normalizing, but I also know from past experience that this is how it comes down.

I've told myself it's okay until I hit my next milestone (which is only 7lbs away) to not have to do any intense exercise. Guidelines/recommendations are to get 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise daily. I'm doing that naturally through training my dogs and then I make up for whatever minutes I'm short with these "walk at home" videos on Youtube. It's like power walking/aerobic videos that aren't hard but it gets your heart rate up to meet that moderate intensity. I also make sure to get my daily 10k steps in.

I'm doing this until I get these 7lbs off because I'm on this cusp of where it hurts to do more, but by the time I hit this milestone, my body should be feeling better about higher intensity.

So it's just 3 goals:

Daily calorie intake under 1800
Hit 10k steps
Meet 30 minutes of moderate intensity per day

I had asked the healthy balance teachers (at the class I was taking) if there is any difference if it's an average of 30 minutes each day for the week or if you need to do it each day. They said that an average is fine, meaning you could do 3 days an hour each, and that would suffice. And I haven't had time to actually do a literature search to see if the difference in negligible or not, but I feel like there might actually be a big difference between averaging it versus hitting the 30 minutes daily.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote