Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,554 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Feb 28, 2024 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerSteppenwolf View Post
I have a lot of anxiety related to eye floaters, which are permanent defects in vision that can be seen more in well lit enviroments.

I have an absurd ammount for my age, probably in the top 1% of the population, maybe related to too much screen time and a lot more appered a year ago.

It's rather difficult knowing these things will never go away, except with an expensive and somewhat risky elective surgery that would cause other problems along the way.

I also worry about more and more showing up, sigh, I've been anxiety ridden my whole life but this feels like a turning point, specially because it's so isolating since most people don't suffer from them at my age or if they do they're usually few.

Still, I keep trying to adapt, settle and get it together as best as I can.
I like your member name as a I love Steppenwolf!

I don’t know your age but I’ve had floaters since I was in my 20’s! Over 40 years! Very scary when it first happened. The doctor told me they are more common in very near sighted people which I am. They are distracting and annoying, especially on white or light backgrounds. I once had one that was dark enough to look like a centipede floating in my eye!

I’m scared of laser surgery so deal with hassle and expense of new glasses every few years. And I’m scared to death of cataracts. Surgery is the only way to remove them.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote