View Single Post
Violetta75

Member Since Apr 2022
201 hugs
given
Default Mar 04, 2024 at 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Are you moving to be with a man romantically? If yes then how well do you know him?

I know plenty of women moving to distant lands to be with a man. In 9/10 cases it’s a terrible disaster.

My own daughter moved far away to be with a man. She bailed after 3-4 months. He turned out to be a total jerk and he lied about a lot of things while dating. As soon as she moved there, it was a different story. Luckily she is smart enough to immediately end it and move back.

Thankfully it’s all in the past and didn’t cause significant harm except a hassle of moving back and forth. A friend of mine moved and actually married a guy. That was bad in every way. So be careful about that
I'm glad your daughter is ok now. If it isn't clear when I said we are friends, I mean friends, not with benefits, hookups, whatever young people call it these days. I've known him a long time. We did date a bit, more just kept in touch the last few years a lot. I was never his gf, its clear that's not what he wants, and it's not what I want. So no, i'm not moving there because of him. But because he has an affordable place, and it's something , the weather and the country that I'd enjoy.... just the sunshine helps me tremendously. I've ached more and had more pain here with how dry it is. I've been back for a little while now and it's not something I'm happy with. I've thought about this seriously. Thank you though for the concern. I've been through a lot in life, I'm not naive or young. It's not for forever either, it's a chance to enjoy time. I'm making sure everything is ok for me to come back when /if I do. And I most likely will.
If I get a citizenship that wouldn't be a bad thing....I could still rent there for the winters and go back.

Last edited by Violetta75; Mar 04, 2024 at 10:02 PM..
Violetta75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, unaluna