Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Mar 05, 2024 at 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrine22 View Post
@CANDC No, I am not DID. I grew up in a cult, until I was sixteen, when I was kicked out, for being too difficult. I did not know about my cult background until
I was around 45, after many years of therapy.
One of the people who has helped me heal, is an intuitive energy worker.. She told me years ago, that she thought that people with DID, had it programmed into them in a cult. The reason, I did not have DID was, I was not that programmable..
The energy worker says, anyone who has DID, was programmed in a cult. I have come to believe recently, she is correct.
I know a licensed marriage and family therapist in San Francisco, a much older woman, whose speciality is treating DID and specifically working with adults who, as kids, were traumatized in a cult. Yes, this kind of upbringing often results in DID, per her. No, not everyone who has DID was programmed in a cult. That your energy worker says something like this makes me suspect that she lacks proper grounding in mental health (which is not surprising for an "energy worker"). That she helped you is astounding and great news, but take what she tells you about the provenance of mental health disorders with more than a grain of salt: she lacks qualifications and training to give expert opinions in these matters. It takes years to get trained and licensed to practice therapy, and specializing in DID is an extra step on top of that.

For a very interesting account of finding DID in a woman who was not raised in a cult, please check out this book by a renowned Canadian therapist:

Good Morning, Monster
A Therapist Shares Five Heroic Stories of Emotional Recovery
By: Catherine Gildiner
(@MuddyBoots, if you can get this book from a library, I recommend it to you too)

There are other stories there, one more fascinating than the next, and just one of them is about DID. An excellent read (or a listen, on Audible).

Very glad to hear that you have healed and definitely it was a fortunate occasion that you and the energy healer crossed paths, so I am not discounting how she helped YOU, I am just warning that her sweeping generalizations are not in accord with the opinions of experts in the field.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote