View Single Post
TheGal
Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2022
677 hugs
given
Default Mar 08, 2024 at 07:00 PM

((((raspberrytorte))))

I took seroquel for sleep 100 mg... but I just looked up the max dose and it says 800mg on the Mayo site.

For psychosis, I take Abilify 20 mg (used to take the max. 30 mg), I've also taken olanzepine/Zyprexa 20mg (30mg is the max) which put a lot of weight on me.

I've never expereinced a "high" from taking an antipsychotic.

Could you explain what you are experiencing exactly? In terms of the payoff for you or the "high" as you say?

Also, do you take propranolol for the shakes caused by seroquel or for heart rate?? I take propranolol 20mg twice a day (for heart rate), but I was told by my doc at the time that I couldn't just stop it myself, I'd have to have medical supervision to do it. So I'm concerned that you ran out of propranolol...

I'm surprised that your pdoc increased your seroquel dose after you admitted you take more than prescribed or "abused" it. Does your pdoc want you to take 800 mg????

Do you have yearly blood tests to check for toxicity levels in your body for the medications you take? I do... I'm concerned for toxicity levels going up if you self-dose your meds and take more than you're supposed to.

Could you go back to taking only 400mg of seroquel and ask your pharmacy to fill your monthy script with just that amount per day?
TheGal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote