View Single Post
RDMercer
Grand Member

Member Since May 2013
64 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2024 at 07:28 AM

I really don't know what's ahead for her.

I was scared that in court on Monday a bunch of stuff was being appealed, but my lawyer said, No, those decisions are made; you are the parent and you're in the family home until the youngest completes their education, which can include college.

Well.... Then that's that. I can't assume responsibility for the home, debt, and kids, and take a pay cut.

She's on dating apps. Friends of mine have found her, stating she has a graduate degree and kids, and seeking a long term partner.

Well..... Who dates that person and basically takes her in?

Who says "Oh, you can't pay your rent, you're paying child support but your kids don't speak to you, you have a ton of education but umpteen reasons why you can't work. Ok. Sure." Her future will probably be one of mutual exploitation.

Anyway... Painful to think about but not my problem.

I'm realizing I go through steps and set backs... Sometimes many steps back, but then past where I was before.

I'm not "trying to move forward". I am moving forward.

Despite lawyer fees and the loss of her income, the household is better off financially now than 13 months ago.

Which means, her income didn't even cover her own expenses.

The only drama in our home now is, "I shouldn't have to walk over your clothes to wake you for school. Do your laundry, and take the chips and popcorn out of your room. I don't care if you watch movies on your phone in your room but this is gross."

Happy Saturday everyone.
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, eskielover, Open Eyes, unaluna

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108, seesaw, unaluna