View Single Post
GypsyButterfly

Member Since Jun 2014
43 hugs
given
Default Mar 10, 2024 at 09:53 PM

@JaneOnceMore

Thanks for sharing a little of your experience. I appreciate your care & concern. My housing is fine right now. I've been living with one of my friends for the past two months. We're helping each other. I'm very grateful. It was D who didn't have any definite options. Last I heard.

My friend has a kitty & I have a senior Chi mix. I had to take his brother in three months ago to have them help him cross. He was 16 & blind, which he managed. His dementia had gotten really bad. My two kitties are being fostered by a lady who I met through the shelter where I volunteer with the cats. I've been doing that going on eight years.

Until I started living with my friend, I had been on my own for four years. I wasn't seeking a relationship. But when D & my friendship developed into one, it just felt right. My mother had mental/emotional issues. Most of the people I was in relationships with did (some of those were also abusive in different ways), including my late ex husband. I've had some friends who've had them. I was support staff for developmentally challenged adults. Besides having depression & anxiety myself. My whole life I've been preparing (with those with a variety of conditions on different levels) for this moment with D. I just wish he'd reach out to me & let me know what's going on. We can go slow, if that's what he wants.

I enjoy making new friends. Especially would like to hear from those in NorCal. Drop in & say hi
GypsyButterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, JaneOnceMore, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
bizi, JaneOnceMore