Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Mar 12, 2024 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
If you actually read my fking post, you’d realize I was talking about the scenario where MDs pdoc “fired” him without MD having another provider in line. If the pdoc refused to see a client anymore he would not prescribe said client medication. If said client would not be prescribed medication he would not have safe and legal access to said medication. Now here’s where I may be confused. I’m making the wild assumption, based on what MD has written and what I’ve been told since my first diagnosis, that medication is important and that NOT HAVING ACCESS TO THE MEDS **WOULD** BE REALLY FKING BAD!

But maybe I’m wrong and Dewed doesn’t need any sort of Rx…

I read your post. You are being angry for no reason and you are not showing appreciation for the many posts in your support I have written, spending my time, and the detailed post to help MD. There is no reason to be angry. I am not angry at you in return as I realize that you have your issues with impulsivity; I am just showing you that here, you have been overtaken by your impulsivity, having a knee jerk reaction, and that you could have done better.

I do have legal training unlike you and I can tell you that simply not having access to medication would not rise to the level of harm you need to file a successful medical malpractice issue. And the patient can seek another provider to get access to safe and legal medication. The patient, and MD is functional, is not helpless and is able to go to another prescriber, remedying the situation. In this particular case, the patient already has a therapist who is providing referrals. He is not helpless or, as MD put, "left hanging".

Now, if immediately upon being fired as a patient, the patient committed suicide due to lack of meds, that would have been another story. Have you heard that you need a corpse to prevail in a medical malpractice case? And even that, not always.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg