View Single Post
DeeeSchmeee68

Member Since Dec 2022
15 hugs
given
Default Mar 13, 2024 at 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
What I mean is that (thank you for clarifying answers) you essentially went on a safe job interview with the guy. You learned those concerns (I agree with Divine that they might or might not be deal breakers, depending on personal preferences) DURING that job interview. It is not even that knowing that there were potential red flags, you STILL accepted the date. No, you accepted the date to LEARN about the guy and you indeed LEARNED about him. How else would you have learned, after all? You are not a clairvoyant. So there is absolutely nothing to second guess yourself here.

You went on an information seeking expedition in an environment that was totally safe, you did not sleep with the guy on the first date for goodness sake, and now, in the safety of your home, in an unrushed manner, and in the company of your online peers who might provide helpful suggestions, you are considering the information you acquired and whether this information constitutes red flags for you. So far so good. What did you do wrong in your opinion?
When you put things that way, I guess I did nothing wrong this time. I have a history of choosing abusive partners, so my radar is off.
I live alone. My kids are grown (I struggle with relationships with them, too). I don't speak to family. And I have 2 friends.
My confidence is very low, and I don't trust myself to choose wisely.
That's why I come here and go to counseling

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk
DeeeSchmeee68 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Tart Cherry Jam

Thanks for this!
Tart Cherry Jam