View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 16, 2024 at 09:08 PM

RD, it took me a few years to figure out the lifetime of dysfunction I had lived around & to understand & process it all. My T called it "integrating" that past into my current life which was the "learning from it process".

Lol....my "eff it" attitude hit big time when I got my trust fund then sold my mom's house. It took a year after she died before I could even go back in the house because of everything that happened there. My husband wanted me to give him money from my trust & I knew that money was my only means to get out of the marriage so he didn't get a cent. Sold the house in fall 2006, headed to Ky to find a farm that next April & knew I had to buy something cause if I went back without the purchase of a farm I would be trapped the rest of my life (lol....my all or nothing panic thinking). Bought my farm & flew back with my dog Leo to close on the farm. The real "eff it" I realized that summer because never once did I think about my husband or miss him. That was when I KNEW I had made the smartest decision in my life. New life, chance to start all over in a place where I didn't know anyone & alone for the first time in my life at 54 years old. The adventure began & I have NEVER regretted it, not even during some tough times because that "PEACE" made it tolerable. I even have friends now which is even more amazing. This new amazing life made me realize that I was not the one causing the problems though I do admit that my lack of skills in handling situations I lived with made them worse not better my whole life but the situations were bad to begin with.

There is hope for sure & I learned lessons, more than I ever wanted to know from processing that past & the traumas & have brought that learning forward into this new life & there is no pain anymore, just good strong knowledge learned from that past & I love my life now for the first time.

I know you can do it because YOU ARE DOING IT right now

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes