View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
55 hugs
given
Default Mar 17, 2024 at 06:22 AM

I am proud I was finally able to stand up to my new psychiatrist, for all the good it did. I have a good trauma team, but both the original psychiatrist and psychologist I stated with retired. Naturally I got their replacements, and it has been an adjustment. When I am able to go into the office and see the new psychiatrist it is well something.
She will get to the stage where she is going to electronically send in my medications, puts her fingers on the keyboard and it's like she has an epileptic fit. I have never seen anyone prescribe that much. I know I am ill and she is just trying to help but it is embarrassing to to into the pharmacy to get them when I have to.
I went in yesterday to pick some up and was mortified. The lady working behind the counter, got my information and says; "We have got your 12 mg's of Xanax a day ready, can't really say I have ever seen anyone that takes that much." I just looked around nervously then replied, "I don't think I have either ma'am." Of course I cannot take all of that, I would be asleep all the time, then there is a bunch of other junk I have to take. She still prescribed it but at least I finally said something so it was a small victory.
16PennyNail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, mar dhea, Nammu, RDMercer

Thanks for this!
DocJohn