View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
262 hugs
given
Default Mar 17, 2024 at 07:17 AM

I have long recognized that some of my office mates are crazy and I need to stay away from them. One reason I like working from home. But when I am in, I have a hard time staying away. Mostly because they come into my office.

I was shook this week when I said an off handed "kidding" remark (also to get her to shut up) to one of them in private and she mischaracterized it and yelled it for all to hear. What she said could get me in big trouble and now I know she is not trust worthy at all. She simply cannot hear properly. The other person is also like that.. and it worries me... she had had many occassions of poor judgment and not understanding what I said. The only good news was when she yelled it I loudly said -- I never said that.

The good news (and maybe why she said it) was that all the important people were at an event and not around. The bad news... someone who I suspect has reported me before was around and could have heard it.

The prior incident was 100% not my fault either. We were at an event where we weren't supposed to take photos. I was just sitting next to someone who pulled out her phone and started taking photos. I didn't even have a phone. She asked me if I wanted one. I didn't know if I understood the no photo rule and was trying to be polite so I just said, just email it to me. Thinking if she did, I would have proof she sent it to me. I didn't get in trouble but I did get pulled into an interrogation session. The photo taker got demoted and moved away from me.

I feel like if I make it through the week I will be ok. But I worry the two office mates didn't understand what I said and if we get pulled into separate sessions it will be two against one.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
16PennyNail, FloatThruThis, unaluna