View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 19, 2024 at 01:59 PM

Oh, you sound so much like my experiences. I was never angry around others growing up but wow, my parents would sure trigger my anger (out of frustration with them I think). I was already on overload from my parents then ended up in a marriage that did the same thing & I had no anger even with frustration outside of those relationships. I never got actual invalidation but I never got any validation.....but I did what I knew I wanted with my life no matter what & ended up with my degree & my career I worked hsrd for without any outside encouragement.

By the point I started healing with good therapy, my parents were no longer alive so I never had a chance to see if my healing & new skills would have worked with them. I had left my marriage & basically had no contact with my husband except through lawyers for 11 years before I saw him again. I was so worried that he would trigger all my anger again when I saw him at the ranch I was staying at for a little vacation & a court hearing against him. He was doing night horse feeding at the ranch & I couldn't avoid running into him. Oh the anxiety of wondering. Turned out I had learned how to control my responses & redirect conversations. I also think because I wasn't already being on overload it might have helped me keep my cool. My opinion of him had & has never changed but how I responded truly had.

It has been interesting listening to Dr Ramani. All those relationships had a narcissistic overtone to them but one time she said that when dealing with people on the spectrum there are similarities but cause & intent are different. When spectrum issues aren't diagnosed it is not that easy to know if there is a different cause or intent because to the receiver it feels the same.

Yes, changing responses & also limiting interaction as much as possible to keep from experiencing the overload that causes the response that ends up being preceived as anger. IT IS NOT EASY

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, Fuzzybear, RDMercer

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108, RDMercer