Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,177 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2024 at 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonday View Post
I later on told him about a dream that was about a man who loved another man who didn't love him back because he wasn't homosexual like the other man. Discussing the dream, my T told me that this was a VERY special reason for the attraction and love to not be reciprocated, a VERY special reason, and asked me if I understood what he meant. I said yes, and thought he meant that my love would be reciprocated if he had not been my therapist.
I am not following the logic in the story, sorry. I have reread the passage several times but still.

To me, if I were (counterfactually) a homosexual and if I told someone about my dream in which a homosexual's love was not reciprocated (solely) because their love object wasn't themselves a homosexual, AND that someone told me, making an emphasis, that such was a VERY special reason for not reciprocating love, AND I wanted to believe that that someone, under a different set of circumstances, would have been attracted to me, I would have inferred that they meant that they would have been attracted to me had they not been straight, not had they not been my service provider. I think this is all about the orientation and not the client-provider relationship.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote