Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 20, 2024 at 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
I'm looking into Yoga at a fitness center for seniors over age 50. I just learned about these senior fitness centers that the city operates. I am badly in need of getting more exercise.

I order high quality vitamin, mineral and other supplements on line. Blood work showed me that I needed to reduce some of the B vitamins I was taking.

I do know what is causing my mental state. It's due to social isolation. I know what I need to do about it. I simply have failed to do what I know I should do. Today I failed to even get dressed. I failed to get out of bed at a reasonable hour. I'm failing to make good meals. (Just eating frozen TV dinners and Boost.) I'm failing to brush my teeth twice a day. I'm failing to tidy up in the kitchen and leaving dishes unwashed for days. I haven't vacuumed my place since January.

My sisters don't call me anymore. Not even on Christmas Day, or on my birthday in January. I would rather have died than face this rejection. I don't deserve this. I've lost everyone important to me. I have to rebuild a life from scratch for myself. It's too hard. I'm not strong enough. I've been pulling myself up repeatedly, just to keep falling back down. It has gotten too demoralizing.
What if you pre-pay for a class in the fitness center or community center or whatever other options in the area? Sign up online and pay ahead for how many sessions. If you know you paid already would you be more inclined to go? I know if I plan to just drop in, I’ll never go. If I pay for ten sessions online, I’ll show up to them because I already paid. Some people there do drop ins. I admire them. I have to trick myself into going

Our recreational center has very inexpensive classes and although it’s not a senior center, most people are way over 50 and so are instructors.

Just sign up for that yoga you saw they offer at senior center.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote