View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
Default Mar 20, 2024 at 04:40 PM

Something else came up today that made me reflect on why I usually always tend to respond in the first place. I notice when someone says something I disagree with I don't want to just walk away because I don't want them to think I agree with them. All my life I saw silence as consent to what they were saying or going along with what they said & I never wanted someone I disagreed with to think I agreed with them.

Lol....now I have my say & end the conversation with my rebuttal. For me it is very hard not to respond to things people say that I disagree with but with some people not responding at all is the best solution or taking control of the conversation & changing it in a different direction. The problem with having a different opinion that sometimes it ends up in an argument or twisting what you say & as you know from your experience.....not a good result either.

I have also realized that many times I have wanted to have the last say & that just drags the crap on rather than ending it. I became more aware of this lately & I can see it in others who are that way too & am getting more practiced in conversations

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Open Eyes, seesaw, unaluna