RDMercer
Grand Member

Member Since May 2013
55 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 21, 2024 at 01:59 PM

You know what???

There are a LOT of sucky people in the world. Like.... Really, really truly..... People that should be made to care for and carry a plant around to apologize to the world for the oxygen they use up.

If you are an OK human, you are way better than average!

There was a martial art instructor that told me one time, "Positive self talk is too big a step. Neutral self talk is the first step."

I'm not THAT bad.

I'm probably an OK person.

I'm probably as good as at least half the people I meet. Sure as heck I'm better than a couple of them.

Maybe I'm not doing great, but I'm smart enough to get a little bit better and I'm going to try to.

You know what? At least I'm aware that I want to do better. Some of these MFer's around me can't even see how much they suck.

I feel this shame because I think people can see my faults. I can't see their faults, and I mostly don't care about them.

Do you know who cares less about your issues than you? Everybody. So quit worrying about how you're doing and just keep doing.

My (former) SIL used to pick one superficial thing and focus on that in a positive way. "Maybe I'm not that smart, but I look hot today."

Gal.... Each one of these things is like one link or one plate in your armor to protect you.

I truly wish you some peace of mind. Maybe try armoring up with some of these things??

RDM
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, TheGal

Thanks for this!
TheGal