seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,276 hugs
given
Default Mar 22, 2024 at 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
Something else came up today that made me reflect on why I usually always tend to respond in the first place. I notice when someone says something I disagree with I don't want to just walk away because I don't want them to think I agree with them. All my life I saw silence as consent to what they were saying or going along with what they said & I never wanted someone I disagreed with to think I agreed with them.

Lol....now I have my say & end the conversation with my rebuttal. For me it is very hard not to respond to things people say that I disagree with but with some people not responding at all is the best solution or taking control of the conversation & changing it in a different direction. The problem with having a different opinion that sometimes it ends up in an argument or twisting what you say & as you know from your experience.....not a good result either.

I have also realized that many times I have wanted to have the last say & that just drags the crap on rather than ending it. I became more aware of this lately & I can see it in others who are that way too & am getting more practiced in conversations
Yes, I have been trying to stop myself from having the last word too. The last word with a manipulative person isn't worth it. And they drive it on so long, I feel disgusted with myself after. Better to just stop responding and preserve one's peace and integrity.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108, eskielover, Fuzzybear