Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,274 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2024 at 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer View Post
This is hard. This time I've said things that can't be undone.

I told my dad in front of my brother, that dad has covert narcissistic traits.

I said, I'm poked, and poked, and poked, until I respond. You've both treated me like I'm too angry my whole life, but this is what's always happened.

I said I'd begged dad to stop picking stuff with my wife while we were together but he wouldn't, and that all created pain, hardship and drama in my home for years, but he "had to say these things to witness for the Lord".

I've since given them both dozens of examples of similar things. Which, of course makes me look crazy and angry.

My brother knew about the stuff with my wife, but dad had already planted it that she'd started all those instances.

I really believe I've over reacted in my response this time, but my therapist said, "Of course. You have PTSD. Look at the effects of a firecracker on a veteran."

So... Ultimately I'm isolated, and I don't think there's any coming back from this one.
Rd, can you create some space with your father? It really sounds like you just need to stay away from him for a while so you won't be exposed to his comments, etc.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108, Fuzzybear, unaluna