Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2024 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer View Post
"A person gets to an age where they don’t want to go back over their past. It is often too stressful for mind and body and can also bring up emotions that can damage whatever relationship they have now"

So....

Dad will go into extreme detail about all he endured while mom was drinking; on the phone, in person, and on email. Unprompted.

Simply saying, "I was there too. Do you want to hear it from my perspective? Have you ever once, ever, asked what it was like for anyone else?"

Gets a response of, "Why do you have to keep dragging up the past? Why can't you let anything go?", and a follow-up call from mom saying, "RD darling why can't you just move on and let bygones be bygones? Why can't we have peace?"

..... ????...... All about a past I never brought up or asked to revisit.

Holy geez.

True story. Happened last month.
This reminds me of when my narcissistic ex client/friend was bad mouthing and gossiping about this woman we had hired bc she was just totally failing and didn't have the skills to do the job.

I mentioned a few things, including that dumping this all (her work) on me while my dog was dying (yes, I was taking him to be put to sleep that week) was upsetting me. I was agreeing with my ex client that the woman's incompetence was annoying and angering.

And my client did a 180 and started calling me unprofessional for talking about the woman and said I was damaging our professional relationship.

You kind of get whiplash from how fast they do a 180 when you're literally just talking about what they were talking about.

It's like turning the corner and seeing a rattlesnake.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
eskielover