Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2024 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
Oh! Asking to meet in person was so so difficult! She had brought up our anniversary and asked if there's anything I'd like. I said what's the point, it's not like I could see you in person. She said why not... I told her because she only works twice a week. I forget what was said after that, but we left the conversation open. I really wanted in person, and she seemed to encourage me to ask for it as if there was a chance. So I emailed asking her. I told her if she said no, I would be angry. Not for the "no", but because she encouraged me and it was so vulnerable to ask. I'm supposed to find out today. I'm super nervous. A "no" answer is going to stir up a ton of emotions.

I am hoping things are getting back on track. Last session was a step forward, not backwards.

I hope she says yes to that, Scarlet. I understand why you'd be more upset now that she encouraged you.

There was a recent thing that I asked Dr. T for (a "would this every be an option" thing), and he didn't immediately say no, said he wanted to think about it. I realized it would be worse to me if he then said "no," because it would have been after giving it thought, plus the hope that he might say yes. He did give a "yes" with conditions, but I was OK with that (and haven't taken him up on this thing yet, but it helps to know it's an option).
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel

Thanks for this!
ScarletPimpernel