View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,369 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 23, 2024 at 12:06 PM

You're up against a rough situation to be sure. I'm sorry the help you're getting isn't more helpful. The dinner you made sounds nice. All you can do is take it one day at a time.

Maybe the Fentanyl patch will work out for you. I think you should have a say in the choice of an analgesic. Lets us know how the change goes, if you do have to make it. The walking is good, if you can do it. Maybe have someone walk with you, taking along a wheel chair, in case you weaken during the walk.

It sounds like you've not lived a dull life. I'm sure you had different expectations of what age 53 would be about. Instead, fate has been cruel. Keep being the kind of person you've chosen to be. I think there can be quiet victory in that . . . in a certain stubborness that says, "I won't be defined by what has come down on me that I can't change. I will still be who I am." The people you interact with are affected by who you are. It still matters that you strive to be a good person. I'm wondering if you have any supportive friendship in your life? I'm sorry you have relatives acting badly.

Check your labs for any indication of anemia. As you know, that affects how much oxygen gets to your muscles. Check ferritin and iron levels. Those are not optimal in lots of us. I got I/V iron infusions last year to bring up my iron levels and treat my anemia. That greatly improved how I felt. I know what being under-oxygenated feels like. I too was told supplemental oxygen wouldn't matter. In my case, there weren't enough healthy red blood cells to carry extra O2 to where it was needed. Practice good bowel hygiene. Opioids really slow down the gut, as you've probably experienced. That can add another layer of misery. I'm on Vicodin (hydrocodone) and have found that MiraLax is great stuff.

Last edited by Rose76; Mar 23, 2024 at 12:35 PM..
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
16PennyNail