eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 24, 2024 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
There is that, then I am having to take pain control, which I have never liked. Some people seem to get euphoria from it, I get a stomach ache and can't stay awake. My oncologist is wanting me to transition to 0.75 mcg Fentanyl Patches, instead of the Morphine SR. That stuff is not even a real opioid, it is made synthetically in a lab. You can't turn on the news without seeing how it has wiped out a bunch of people. Plus those patches last for 72 hours and I don't want to sleep all the time. I feel shame that I even have to take any at all, when I take meds, there are so many of them now. It is like, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."
Just wanted you to know that the fentynal patches gave me my life back. I had 24/7 migraines & couldn't get out of a dark room. Neuroligist thought the neck fusion would fix the migraines but it didn't. That was when they started the fentynal patches. 200ug/h was what it took to control the migraine pain. No side effects, just pain relief so I could start functioning again & riding & showing my horse in dressage again. It gave me a functioning life back. Was on it for 20 years with no addiction. Yes, the body gets "dependent" (in that withdrawal happens if suddenly stopped). After that long, I spent a year lowering the dose each month & was finally able to stop using it & no migraines came back....miracle.

I found that the Johnson & Johnson (brand name) patches worked where the genaric ones didn't for me. Johnson & Johnson had (may still have) a patient assistant program which I needed since the cost of that dose of patches was $3500/ mo.

Huge difference between the pharma patches & "street fentynal" that is killing so many these days. I was so thankful for the help it gave me in getting back to a functional life with no drowseyness. We all have different reactions to meds. I can't take any morphine or its derivitaves because they cause me to itch all over. From my experience it is worth it to try & see. If it helps great, if not, you really haven't lost anything trying.

Ugh, your family sounds like a nightmare. Why would they do that in the first place. Take care

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108