Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2024 at 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
I blur my background on zoom frequently, for various reasons. So do others. It’s normal. It’s better than a picture background because there are no weird images when you move, like your arm disappears momentarily.

And frankly I wish Info had blurred hers rather than me seeing the steer and elk horns mounted on her dining room wall. Or the bear rug in front of her fireplace.

Maybe he’s having a torrid affair with Info and has better sense than she does. Or maybe behind him is a bench with two drunk guys swigging wine and reciting extemporaneous poetry.
Thanks for the reply--it helps to hear your experience of it. Gives me a different perspective. Who knows how I (or another client) might have reacted to seeing whatever is in the background? We were sort of joking at first about what might be back there, like he was saying a half-empty bottle of whiskey (I said "or an empty one") or drug paraphernalia. I was tempted to make a joke about something else, but refrained. Maybe it was Info! Or elk horns.

And I did initially say to him that the picture background can be a problem for the reason you said--a musician I like played some free shows from home during the pandemic and used an outer space background. Parts of him would periodically disappear.

I do think it would have helped had I known in advance he was going to do that--and he said he realized he should have warned me.