Member Since Mar 2011
5,369 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2024 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East17 View Post
Hi Rose
I know you briefly mentioned CBT/DBT in terms of "how to logic away your problems". But true CBT - working with someone who gives you insight on how your thoughts, beliefs and attitudes affect your feelings and actions, and who will help you learn coping skills which will hopefully help you change the way you think and behave - maybe a more practical-based therapy where you have homework and have to put into practice what you are learning, could be a way forward?

At least it would be of shorter duration than just conventional talk therapy - which as you have already acknowledged, doesn't help because you know what the problems are, you know what you should do about them, you just don't feel able to make the effort.

Just a thought.

PS: if you can afford to have the professional cleaning person back again, don't feel embarrassed or ashamed - they are providing a service which you are paying them for. Looking after ourselves and our environment can be a herculean task when feeling so low. You've already said that having a tidy and clean living space makes you feel better, maybe that could be the first step, taken in conjunction with the others.
East
I am seeing a therapist now and a psychologist. It is helping me to talk with them. Thank you for understanding about my challenge with the housework. I did ask the professional cleaner to schedule a visit. Meanwhile, I got a lot done Sunday and a bit more Monday. I feel more hopeful now.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated