View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Mar 26, 2024 at 09:00 PM

Serenity to accept what I cannot change, courage to change what I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Bad things will happen. When they do, we can make them worse by dwelling on them, stewing in anger, or we can accept the bad things and the bad feelings without making them any worse. if it's a little thing, this is good advice. If it's a huge thing, letting go is hard to impossible. There's my deep thought for the day.

Re the sleep machine - they work great for some people. The do not work for me. In fact they make sleep a lot worse. A lot, lot, lot worse. Apria has a 1.5 gold star rating on yelp. They have a Facebook page for flowing success stories, only almost all the posts (including mine) talk about what horrible service Apria provides. When I returned my sleep machine, a lady there said she waited on the phone for a half hour and never got to talk to anyone. I was nodding vigorously as she complained. The woman who worked there was taking it all in. Clearly, it wasn't her fault. They are understaffed. I said several times, "It's not your fault. Apria is a terrible company." I hope it helped her. She did say that in her last job, she had to foreclose on loans, so this was actually an improvement.

As for me, maybe if I'd gotten the support I was supposed to, the CPAP would have helped me. As it was, I had two really bad nights, and my BP hit a dangerous high. So I'm not going to give it another try. It's not worth risking a stroke. Know when to fold them. And I can make the whole thing a lot worse by dwelling on Apria. I complained to my doctor, to my insurance company, and on the Apria's Facebook page. That's all I need to do. Time to let go.

Good stuff, and a good night's sleep, to us all.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow