View Single Post
June08

Member Since Sep 2022
496 hugs
given
Default Mar 28, 2024 at 02:14 PM

cliffnotes version of the below post: a neurologist I saw today wrote in his notes that my symptoms are probably all in my head. That's what I get for tracking symptoms. I wonder if he'd think this if I didn't have this stupid bipolar diagnosis.

After waiting 3 months, I finally saw a neurologist today (my primary care doc wonders if I have POTS). I went online to read his appointment notes. He asked me what meds I'm on, but not what they are for. He wrote that I "apparently" have bipolar disorder. No matter what meds I'm on, how about ask me!? He ordered an autonomic test, but I have a feeling he thinks it's useless. His notes said that, if the test results are fine, a somatic symptoms disorder should be considered and my psych should do some neuropsych testing.

Thanks for ordering a test even though you think it's all in my head doc. Like, what's the point. Why make me wait up to two weeks for someone to even call me to schedule the test, then wait forever to be able to get the test (and probably have to take off work for it), if you don't think it's needed. And, don't assume my psychiatrist (well, he assumed I have a pdoc without asking too) hasn't done any testing. My pdoc did a neuropsych test during my consult appointment a little over two years ago and ran bloodwork to see if my meds might be causing issues.

My biggest fear in all of this has been that I'm sick enough for symptoms to affect my daily life, but not sick enough to get a formal diagnosis. If tests keep coming back fine, I'm worried my PCP isn't going to take me seriously about different illnesses either.

I'm praying to God that something shows up on the dizziness test I am getting done on Monday (if I can handle not taking my psych meds tomorrow-Sunday) so doctors don't think I'm completely nuts.

It sucks that there is so much stigma about mental health, even in the medical world.

June08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, JaneOnceMore, Mountaindewed, raspberrytorte