View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 30, 2024 at 12:54 PM

Hi crew, our condo annual meeting retry is today. There's an owner with a 'maybe' to step back onto the board. We meet and noon PDT; I log on 15 minutes beforehand. It's more out of my hands.

In preparation, I'm reminding myself of where the "arena" is in this place, and that I was there, in it, doing all I could. And "submit" to the others, they can do the same, step inside the work. Otherwise, their yapping is merely sheets flapping in the wind, signifying nothing.

Re taxes: got a great fright looking over my 1099s but figured out one of my clients sent a correction without marking it a correction. Whew!

I'm enrolled (pending getting official notice) in a lecture class at the local U. Non-credit for $5. About 100 students. Large hall. The lecturer didn't use a mike last time because he wasn't happy with it.

The best benefit I get is my library card is expanded to many more privileges because I'm a student.

I'm 70 years old. I've always taken keeping up my side of matters seriously. Most of that stuff I didn't dare do in my active student years are now back in play. I've already left early twice when they had a quiz or small group discussion. Then there might be flipping off the reading assignments because my spoken participation is discouraged so I don't need to be prepared to the gills. For Once in My Life.

The most fun to imagine is skipping class. Cutting school. Playing hooky. Intentionally staying dumb. Like the Sam Cook song about having a crush and confessing "I don't know what a slide rule is for ..."

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote