Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Mar 30, 2024 at 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post
Amanda louise, I don't watch TicTok and don't have the app. I found out about this when I saw a news story about it.

I have mixed feelings about the guv'ment blocking TicTok. Liberal that I am I have a problem with this. People need to take personal responsibility for what they view on line. Parents need to monitor what their kids are doing online.
I agree folks take personal responsibility but from what I understand its not about whether people take personal responsibility for what what they view online.

from what I understand its a national security issue with a country (china) and parent company (Bytedance) who runs and owns tic toc who does not uphold the same rights and confidentialities that americans have with their governmental personal information.

imagine if for ............example........... if doc john was required to report to the state, and federal government who "lizard lady" is, what you are posting about, your location, your registration information, your ip address of your computer/ digital device, your phone number, whether you agree with the government in control and any other protected by privacy laws like your mental health records, your physical health records and so on.

now that was just an .........example.......

but its that kinds of stuff this ban is going to protect American's from....

an external attack from a country that is not upholding American rights to privacy of their governmental information. from a country that has made repeated attempts and or threats to breach our governmental structure through documenting and storing personal data about those Americans who have tic toc accounts.

America does have its own streaming and video clip apps so the loss of tic toc for the most part does not affect me and my family, we rarely if ever watched tic toc even before I removed the app.

I mean there are facebook videos, facebook reels, and youtube. and streaming networks like netflix/ paramount, amazon, peacock, hulu, disney and more. we watch more streaming than we ever did tic toc. lol
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
eskielover