mote.of.soul
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2018
22k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 31, 2024 at 10:22 PM

Quote:
Yes, I need to remember that the shame is baggage. A psychologist once told me that a lot of my shame comes from my "family of origin" and doesn't belong to me...

The only way out that I can think of is through transformation and self-compassion... sometimes these things are easier said than done.
Yup. And I believe that's the first place the psychologists will look generally when understanding shame = the family of origin. 'Let's all shame our children into compliance!' All too common unfortunately. Whatever the case shame is baggage, not needed or wanted. Yes, self compassion, essentially love, is a good approach, imo. The kind of love that ideally should've been present from the start. The antidote of sorts. Whatever methods you use I wish you all the best in addressing and hopefully overcoming the shame once and for all TheGal. Me, at this stage, I'm all about nipping it in the bud as it arises - or trying to. Hopefully it will just burn itself out one day, it has certainly weakened somewhat.

Last edited by mote.of.soul; Mar 31, 2024 at 10:36 PM..
mote.of.soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TheGal

Thanks for this!
TheGal