View Single Post
snakeswithhats

Member Since Jan 2021
13 hugs
given
Default Mar 31, 2024 at 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGal View Post
It sounds like you have social anxiety which is pretty common. You are not alone!

You need to find your "tribe". But, I'm not certain that social media (at least not right now) is the way to go. Social media can actually increase anxiety.

Do you have a psychologist/therapist to help you work through these issues?

You may want to check out this website for ways to overcome it.

Just search for social anxiety on the main page: Psychology Tools | Deliver Effective Therapy

Also, there are 3 books which might help you:

"Born to Win" (contains some Gestalt therapy techniques)

"Feeling Good" (CBT therapy)

"Hope and Help for Your Nerves" (Dr. Claire Weekes, the book is also available on audiobook and excerpts on YouTube)

This should get you started...

Are there any interests you have where there might be volunteer opportunities... ? Maybe doing something/meeting people IRL would be beneficial to you.
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate your advice.
My problem is I'm also extremely anxious during IRL interactions. A couple of years ago, I didn't have the constant anxiety of thinking people disliked me but it's gotten increasingly worse recently. I have always been uncomfortable while communicating verbally though, ever since I was a child. I have been entirely closed off from people outside of social media apart from my mom and brother. I don't know how to explain to someone that doesn't experience it but it's like my mind goes blank when I try to speak and I get very scared of messing up. None of my responses feel ''normal'' so this is why I avoid meeting people in person which definitely doesn't help with me feeling lonely. I've never been to a therapist or psychiatrist. I haven't been able to keep a job due to my mental health so I couldn't pay by myself but I'm hoping to convince my mother to help so I can at least get somewhere.
snakeswithhats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated, TheGal