View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2024 at 11:11 AM

Random question but does anyone here have any experience with having social anxiety and working in retail? Does it get easier over time?. Probably what I struggle with most is customer interactions when I’m cashiering. It feels awkward and sometimes I trip up on what I have to say (they want us to offer them store credit cards etc) and I’m learning a new register system /software so there’s that too since it’s different from my last job and their processes vary in different ways.

I feel kinda slow sometimes, maybe it’s just because I’m learning a new register software. I’ve only had one day of training on their registers so far. Today will be the second day on register. Yesterday was sales floor. Tomorrow and Thursday I’m working on shipments. Which I’m not even sure what that entails. Like I think it’s taking stuff off the trucks or something. I’m sure I’ll get better at it. It’s only my 4th day there. I just worry about getting fired or something for not doing good enough or being slow at learning new stuff.

I was comfortable with the register system at my last job but that was 3 months of working there so I had time to get used to it.

I’m hoping this is the kind of job where a year from now I’ll be super comfortable with everything and kind of come out of my shell a bit more.

Idk. My biggest fear is getting let go. But I think I’ll be okay. Maybe. I’m trying at least. It’s not like I would be struggling financially if I lost the job but I would have my feelings hurt lol

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, Desoxyn