View Single Post
cptsdvictim

Member Since Mar 2024
39 hugs
given
Trig Apr 04, 2024 at 12:20 AM

I live in s homeless shelter in a room with four beds. Two of which, at the time of writing this, are empty and expecting inhabitants. We'll see who turns up, though I don't have high expectations.

Luckily, one of the sociopaths I live with (the overt one) left. He was abusing me emotionally for coercive control. I'm now left living with the covert sociopath who abuses me emotionally whenever he feels bad (for example, when the shelter staff impose rules on him - he turns on me). I've tried reporting him to the manager whenever he broke the rules of the shelter, however they allied with him telling me "I've to tell him something".
Most recently he started unplugging my extended from the socket wall leaving me without electricity to charge my phone in an attempt to hurt me.

From what I've gathered so far, as advice, is to keep a journal with all the instances (date, time, details of abuse). I'm doing this, and will also take photos when it'll happen next time (he's out of the shelter sleeping at his buddies some days of the week [max allowed days out of the shelter are 2, but he leaves for more than that ; because, as he himself said "he can do anything"]).

I'm looking for any other advice I can follow to tackle abuse in the homeless shelter. Once I get out, of course, (if I'll ever get out) and, if I'll have enough money for a good lawyer, I'll sue him.
cptsdvictim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
shovelhead

Thanks for this!
shovelhead