Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Apr 04, 2024 at 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-roses View Post
It's okay she just told me to buy low fat food but I've been having problems with chocolate cravings so I gained a kilo. Also my period is late so maybe it's bloating for my period to come soon who knows. I know I'm not pregnant just know it's annoying all of this. I just feel very irritated. I guess it's my fault I weigh this much.
No, it is not your fault that you weigh that much. It it the fault of olanzapine. Unfortunately, you have to deal with the sequelae, but it is most certainly not your fault.

One kilo via bloating due to period is a probable explanation. Wait until after the period is over and take several measurements of your weight first thing in the morning to see where you land.

I am not so sure that buying low fat food is necessarily sound advice since fat improves satiety and blunts glucose spikes from carbs, but I do not want to contradict your clinician. But clearly, you need SOME fat. If you are interested in examining resources about the glucose response to foods and about proper order in which to consume foods (with everything allowed in moderation, chocolate included), both Unaluna and I can provide you with videos and reading material.

And thanks for explaining that you are not here often and just come when you can't really cope.

To reiterate, your weight is not your fault.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna