Roses are falling.

Member Since May 2017
10.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 05, 2024 at 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
Welp, it appears that my anger towards L has faded. I'm not even really feeling hurt anymore, strangely enough. Just, sad that I didn't get to say goodbye. When I told her I wanted this break, I honestly didn't realize at the time that it was a permanent one. I assumed that like always, I'd resume at some point. Her non-response to my email 3 weeks ago (and the whole situation in general) have cemented my resolve to not go back. I'm just sad that we didn't say a "proper" goodbye, whatever that means. Maybe it's better this way, just to fade into obscurity from each other. I don't know. I miss the way things used to be, but not what they became.

(off to find the Bob Newhart video now, i could use it)
Evolving feelings towards L reflect a natural process of grief and acceptance. it signifies the loss of something meaningful in your life.

Closure plays a significant role in the healing process, allowing individuals to come to terms with the end of a relationship and move forward with a sense of peace. However, closure doesn't always come in the form we expect, and sometimes finding closure within ourselves is necessary for emotional healing.

Your acknowledgment that you miss the way things used to be but not what they became highlights a sense of disillusionment with the relationship's trajectory. This recognition suggests growth and introspection, as you've come to terms with the reality of the situation and prioritized your own well-being by choosing to move forward.

Maybe you could write a letter to L, you don’t have to send. Pick a rock from a walk, focus your thoughts on it about L then throw it
to symbolise leaving it behind.

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight, unaluna