View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 05, 2024 at 06:14 AM

Negotiations takes 2 people & when the other side is not open to negotiation & their part of change.....THERE CAN BE NO NEGOTIATION.

That is not someone just saying they will change, it is seeing REAL action. We try but when the trying fails over & over & they are destroying our life.....then there is NO relationship left to negotiate for.

When I left my now ex, there was no love for him. I care that he is ok but I am not going to fix consequences to his actions that don't mess up my own life & I am still dealing with that 17 years later. I only negotiate conflicts when the relationship really matters to me but most times I walk away or keep them at a distance until it just fades awsy cause the aggrevation of dealing with them is more than I care to deal with.

My recovery has been about finally having a peacful life after 54 years of not, between parents & marriage so if negotiating conflict still includes some level of non-peaceful feeling then it is too high of a cost for me. There will always be issues in life that come & go. That is just normal life, just not interested in any relationship that has a continual level of issues involved. At my point in life, my drama king aussie shepherd 10mo puppy & my drama queen black lab are my limit on drama

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TheGal

Thanks for this!
TheGal