View Single Post
ArtieTheSequal
Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,786 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2024 at 10:21 AM

I recently ended therapy with a long-term (over 12 years) therapist. My choice. She said a couple of pretty hurtful things that led me to realize that I've basically been trapped in a cult of 2 for probably half of that time. She helped me a lot in the beginning. But then somehow it became something else and I was trapped (because of my attachment to her I guess) and couldn't get out. Thankfully she said those hurtful things that broke the spell and I was able to tell her I needed a break. I haven't told her yet that I've decided it's a permanent break. And I don't think I'm going to either, I don't owe her anything beyond the thousands and thousands of dollars I gave her over the years.

That being said, even though I'm the one that ended it, it's still been very painful and hard and you are definitely not being a crybaby at all. It's a huge loss of an emotionally intimate, important relationship (that's how mine felt). It's going to take time to accept and heal from the loss. I've been doing a lot of writing through my feelings, which helps somewhat. I wish you all the best in navigating this.
ArtieTheSequal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote