View Single Post
SquarePegGuy

Member Since Mar 2020
54 hugs
given
Default Apr 07, 2024 at 09:00 PM

Welcome!

I'm amazed about how much I learn about myself from others here. In this case, I've discovered "Limerence" after searchig on "limerent mind," which I've never heard before. I just realized that I'd experienced this from about age 11 to my early 20s. So thank you for that! (But I can't help you with it -- it seems to have gone away on its own, somehow.)

Have you heard about ADDitude magazine? I'm on their email list, partly for my own sake and partly for my 20+ yo daughter's. (She was diagnosed with mild autism at age 3.5, but also is limited by ADHD.) Some of the coping advice seems reasonable and effective. I've spent decades trying to hack my 60-year-old mind. I know that basic things like plenty of sleep, low carb (or complex carb) meals, timers, certain music (or silence) benefit me. Maybe ADDitude has helpful insights for you.

I've wasted too much time and effort trying to be "normal" -- I hope you don't make that mistake. After 50 years or so I've decided to own "My Weirdness" and it's not my problem if someone doesn't like it. I wrote on my blog that ADHD is my Superpower a while back. I encourage you to ROCK your uniqueness with pride. Because of your unique perspective, there are things that seem obvious to you that most people have no clue about.

So, career and love -- is that all? LOL Stay, mingle and have fun here. Good luck

Hugs from:
SoulBlissGuy